SUMMER IS HERE!

Hello SPEC followers, environmentalists, gardening enthusiasts and anyone else who is reading this blog! My name is Emily, and I am the School Gardens Program intern for the Summer. I am in charge of maintaining the gardens at SPEC's partnership schools as well as leading elementary school children in fun garden and nature-themed activities. My goal is to involve the children in every level of the gardening process, including weeding, watering, planting, harvesting, and of course eating :)

I will use this blog as a place to document our progress as the summer passes; of course also including silly kid stories and the occasional recipe. I also set up an Instagram account to document our daily progress, so make sure you check it out!

The first harvest of the Summer!

Popular posts from this blog

The Story of John Norquay: The School Garden Buzzzzing with Excitement

John Norquay Elementary Transplanting Session

Preparing for the Winter at Thunderbird Elementary